Tuesday 26 March 2013

Make your Mark

I've been shopping! My self imposed spending ban, which lasted almost a year, fell to pieces when I recently won £250 worth of vouchers to spend at The Range. Somebody helpfully suggested that since I win the vouchers, spending them doesn't count as breaking the ban - unfortunately  my ban was more of a space saving exercise than a money saving one, and my recent shopping sprees (and I've still not used up all the vouchers) have already filled what little space I'd freed up during the ban. Yes, I know The Range sell things other than craft stuff, but I seem to always get a trolly that has a homing device that leads it straight into the craft department..... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Never mind, I'm having fun! One of my latest purchases is a Fiskars Continuous Stamp Wheel and a couple of stamps for it. It's like a 21st century  version of the Rollagraph, designed to stamp a long, unbroken image, and I had my first play with it today. I found it a bit fiddly to get the stamp on and off the wheel, especially when it is covered in ink, but I've changed my clothes and scrubbed my arms to the elbows now..... apart from that, I'm very pleased with it.

Another purchase was a  set of Docrafts markers in pastel shades. These are to replace my old, dried up Marvys, but the jury's still out on them. Do they not blend  as well as Marvys, or have I used Promarkers so much recently that anything else seems to blend poorly by comparison?

Anyway, here's a quick card I made using my new purchases, and I'm popping into this weeks Addicted to Stamps Challenge #37 which is Make Your Mark.

3 comments:

Florence said...

Super card. Beautifully coloured. I have always been a fan of Marvys. Unfortunately all the caps split on mine and they went dry after a couple of weeks :( I now use coated cardstock and basic felt pens. I find they blend great on that. Enjoy your new crafty stash. Thank you for playing along with the ATS&M Challenge.
Florence x

kay said...

What a lovely win! Sounds very useful too. I'm terrible for buying craft stuff I just hoard too, Hobby Craft is my downfall. Love the card and the Fiskars thingumajig sounds interesting, so it's like a rolling stamp? Clever.

Lea said...

That is beautiful!
Have a wonderful day!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie