Saturday 27 May 2017

SOSS challenge #85 - Beach

It's new challenge day at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and today Edna's theme for us is Beach.

Image may contain: 1 person, ocean, text and outdoor

I've used a Gruffies stamp to create a beach scene, and added a sentiment I generated on the computer.


I added photo corners to the image to make it look like a holiday snap, but then wondered what to use for a background. I really wanted it to look like real sand. Paper..... sand...... SANDPAPER! Yep, I raided the tool box and found a sheet of unused medium grade sandpaper. It was even worse than glitter card to stick the pieces down on though, I ended up using industrial quantities of Pinflair glue after experimenting with every other adhesive in my (extensive) repertoire. So I don't think sandpaper is going to become a regular feature on my cards, I can't afford that much glue.

Now let's see your beach themed makes, the snarkier the better, and pop over to the Sisterhood to share your makes and give the sistahs some crafty love.

9 comments:

Barb said...

What a clever idea! A super card Jane and I love the sentiment too. Barbxx

Pamela said...

Great card Jane! Thanks for the heads up about sandpaper and glue - I was planning on using a small piece on a card I'm in the middle of. Perhaps I'll try a double sided adhesive sheet. If it works I'll let you know.

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, I love your fun image and great sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Barbara Godden said...

You had me at Gruffies.....love this card. awesome use of the "sandpaper" I will remember the torment of adhering the image though. awesome job.

Margarets designer cards said...

Great card, sandpaper was a brilliant idea, I'm having trouble with glitter cRd at the moment, so I won't be trying sandpaper,
I love the way you did the image another great idea, works well

Cara said...

The perfect sentiment for this weather! I did giggle at your sandpaper struggles, thanks for the advice, think I'll give that one a miss! Fab card x

Sian said...

This is so cute, and I love the sandpaper background!

Lindsey said...

This is great! Adorable image and perfect sentiment. I can imagine that it might be difficult to adhere things to sandpaper...

Donna said...

Yep - that's me - all summer long...burn, peel, repeat
Fab creation sistah!!