Sunday 18 February 2018

Buzzzzzzzzz


I've used yellow and black snippets with the Dovecraft Bee Happy die set for this card, inlaying the yellow pieces into the black. I ran the whole thing through the Grand Calibur after adding all the die cuts, to give a more even finish and to help the Stick-It adhesive to stick firmly, as it can be a bit temperamental. It looked a bit bare at the top but I thought another bee would be overkill (plus I'd finished the last scrap of yellow), so I stencilled in a little patch of honeycomb instead.

I am sharing this with

CAS on Friday - Dies
Pixies Snippets Playground - Challenge 320
Sparkles Monthly Challenge - Clean and Simple
AAA Cards - die cuts only (hope that bit of stencilling's OK!)

11 comments:

Barb said...

I am very keen on bees and your card is fabulous Jane. Great dies and a super design. I really like the stencilling at the top. Barbxx

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Jane! Love the CAS design and the stencilling finishes it off beautifully. xx

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! Jo x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous CAS card Jane, I love the bee die that you've used.

Sue xx

Unknown said...

Fab card Jane, love the honeycomb stencilling :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Cardsbymaaike said...

lovely realistic almost looking bee. Thank you for playing at AAA cards

Jane said...

Fab die cuts and a great tip for flattening out inlaid dies too. Thanks for joining in with the current AAA Cards Challenge.

Di said...

Brilliant card Jane! I do love bees and honeycomb for cards - and adding the stencilling was a great touch as well!

Lots of folk have taken to running their work through their machines after adding dies - it does give a lovely finish I always think. I spotted earlier today that one of our playmates adds a sheet of paper over the work to protect it when running it back through the machine. Another idea to add to the armoury of hints and tips!

Hugs

Di xx

Janis Lewis said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.

Cara said...

A beeutiful card that anyone would be delighted to receive. Sorry, I can't help myself, I think I may be developing a problem....x

https://bharatinayudu.com/ said...

The die cuts of the bee and the honey comb are beautifully color coordinated with the die cut sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at AAACards-hugs bharati