Thursday 24 September 2020

Monochrome rambling roses

 Yes, I know - yet another card made with this beautiful stamp. I just can't resist it! 

I've already made a card using the same layout and fancied using the layout again in a different way.  I stamped the image onto watercolour cardstock using Altenew Crisp Dye ink in Cosmic Berry,  then stencilled the diamonds over the bottom half of the card. I also daubed the inkpad over a scrap of the same card, sprayed it with water and set it aside to dry. 

Next I used a fine water brush to draw out the colour from the stamping to colour the flower petals. While everything was drying I stamped the sentiment,  from a very old Hot Off The Press set, and trimmed it into a band to fit across the card. 

I inked all the edges and assembled the card, then used the inked scrap and a plain one to die cut the butterfly, attached it and finished it with tiny mauve pearls. 

I am sharing this with The Butterfly Challenge using the options Damson, Diamonds and of course a butterfly. 

2 comments:

Liz said...

Faulous card, Jane. Great design and I love the colours. xx

Mrs A. said...

Love this card Jane. The diamond pattern fits perfectly with my challenge. Thanlyou for coming and spinning the wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.