Wednesday 16 June 2021

Feeling Tropical

 I've lived in the tropics and to be honest the last few days it's been just as hot here in Hampshire! I still  associate hot weather with the tropics though. 


For this card I used an NBUS stamp and embossing folder set that came with Creative Stamping about a year ago. I painted the flat side of the folder with dark green watercolour paint before embossing, to make the leaves really stand out. I stamped the parrot and sentiment, coloured the parrot with Promarkers and fussy cut, and punched the sentiment with a circle punch. Then I took my favourite Woodware leaf punch and cut an assortment of leaves. Arranged everything on the card and finished with a few "water drops" of clear liquid pearls. 

I am sharing this with 

Passion for Markers - Summer Colours 

Let's Squash It - Nature and Watercolouring 



NBUS -NBUS 


8 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A brilliant card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Mrs A. said...

This looks fabulous. I love your droplets of water and how you have gotten some of them to run into each other.I really felt as if I needed to wipe the screen dry! hugs Mrs A.

Julie said...

Gorgeous tropical card, Jane - love it! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week, good luck! Juliexx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow, Jane - spotted this beauty at Squash It and NBUS - so eyecatching!! Love the embossed background with the added die cut leaves and your bird really pops!!

Dotty Jo said...

Love this card so much, Jane. It has been hot, hot, hot and your card captures the look of the humidity and heat of a tropical climate brilliantly. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Jo x

Angelnorth said...

The embossed panel made a fabulous background for yur colourful parrot and lush punched leaves - love it!

ionabunny said...

28°C here today and raining, so between showers it's a bit like a sauna!! Definitely too hot for me!! Love this tropical delight. Love that you found a die to match that lovely leafy background and the pop of colour from the cute parrot. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Congrats on being Empress of Squash with this beauty, Jane - definitely a fave of mine too!!