Monday 14 January 2013

Less is More #102 - sport and exercise

This week it's a One Layer Challenge at Less is More and when I saw that the theme was sport and exercise I thought I wouldn't be joining in. I have nothing in my collection that fits the theme, and although I can see several great submissions  that use digis,  I'm not really into using them.

Then I remembered a box of unmounted rubber gathering dust in the spare room. It was a grab bag I bought from an American website about 10 years ago, and the contents are just plain weird! A few of them are X-rated, and over the years I've made jokey cards for friends with them, but most of them are just thrown in the box and ignored. Maybe there would be something sport or exercise related in there?

I had a good rummage and the nearest I could find was this quirky image of the Mona Lisa practising her yoga. Well, yoga's a form of exercise, isn't it? I wanted some words that implied relaxing. I thought about "Leonardo says..... relax" but decided it was too obscure, then  about something based in the "Keep calm and......" poster, but felt that was done to death last year, so finally came up with

Calm down,dear, it's only a birthday.

Which UK readers will know is  a parody of a famous car insurance advert from a few years ago.

I used the computer to generate the message on the card, then stamped and coloured the image. I thought she really HAD to be wearing bright red slippers ...... so now you all know the secret of  why the Mona Lisa is smiling - until now, only SHE knew about those red slippers!

6 comments:

Kathyk said...

Cool card but - CRIKEY - makes your eyes water!!!! I REMEMBER that add with Michael Winner!

Kathyk

Linby said...

oh wow this is a great image - can't imagine what the others in the bag are like!!!! Great choice of sentiment too.
Lynn x

Suzilou said...

What a fantastic image and just love the sentiment be interested to see what else you got in that box hehe :)

The Squishy Monster said...

Great image! Thanks for sharing =)

Chrissie said...

This really made me smile... I'm SO glad that the challenge didn't defeat you this time... this is brilliant!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jen Nelson said...

how much fun!! perfect image and glad you managed to find away around the theme!
Sorry late visiting this week...
Thanks for joining us
Jen xx
"Less Is More"