Monday 28 October 2013

Meal planning Monday 28th October

Well I'm back home, and getting back into the swing of things. Mark stocked the fridge at the weekend as the weather forecast was so grim we probably wouldn't be able to go shopping today, a wise move as it's been pretty rough, so I'm basing my plans on all the lovely goodies he bought at the farmer's market - including a red cabbage that weighs in at well over 2.5 kg and a savoy cabbage almost as big!

Monday - pot roast venison with carrots and onions, jacket potatoes and savoy cabbage
Tuesday - minced beef. Will make a final decision when I see how warm or cold it is, but either a cottage pie or a hotpot of some sort, with braised red cabbage
Wednesday - it will need to be something simple as I'll be out all day. Maybe Pork in Grapes
Thursday - Roasted butternut squash hummus so I can eat one of the green peppers Mark has grown for me!
Friday - smoked sausage with braised red cabbage
Saturday - I'll be out all day so Mark will be cooking
Sunday - I've won a meal out at a local restaurant where the steak frites is so good it would be rude to order anything else!

Lots more meal plans can be found in this week's Meal Planning Monday at At Home With Mrs M

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Meal plan sounds delicious! Mmmmmm smoked sausages, venison, butternut hummus!!! All yum!

Caroline Taylor said...

Oooh, can I come over and join you for the week?