Tuesday 18 February 2014

A waterfall for spring

Water, water everywhere...... Some of the waterfalls here in the UK at present must be looking pretty spectacular. But that's not the kind of waterfall I'm talking about - today I have made a waterfall card  from the beautiful Design House CD "Meadow's Edge".  But I decided to make it a waterfall card with a difference - I've hidden it behind the top flap of a tri-fold card, so that the recipient thinks they have received quite a simple card and gets a surprise when they open it up!

The backgrounds and the waterfall are all from the CD. I added a Craftwork Cards greeting on the outside and stamped the inside with a sentiment I bought from Raindrops on Roses in the USA many years ago. Some tiny dragonfly brads hold the waterfall mechanism in place.

I'm playing along with

CD Sundays- all about Spring

PINspirational challenges 95 - anything goes










10 comments:

Wynn said...

Great idea to hide the waterfall. I love the tiny dragonfly brads too.I think your friend will love this card. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday this week. Hugs Wynn DT xx

sue-b said...

This is lovely, not made a waterfall for ages, lovely papers you have used, your friend is going to be very impressed with this.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
sue-b xx

Wynn said...

It's me again taking a peek at your lovely card. Looks like the 'Meadows Edge' CD is going to be added to my wishlist if the rest of the images are as delightful as the ones you've chosen for your card.
Thank you for sharing it with us at ( Pin ) spirational. Hugs Wynn xx DT

Jane Willis said...

It's a gorgeous CD, they have two or three similar ones and I love them all!

Beryl said...

What a great card design. So clever, and beautiful too.
Thank you for playing along this week.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

Clever design and I love the spring colours
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Kitt said...

Very pretty and and creative. Thanks for sharing with us at {Pin}spirational Challenges.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! What a lovely and creative card!

Thank you for participating in the {PIN}Spirational Anything Goes Challenge!

Mistys Mum said...

Such a clever idea & I love the image with the cowslips - one of my favourite spring flowers. x

Zella said...

So pretty! Love the softness of the colors! Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges this week for our Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck!
Blessings,
Zella