One of the Uniko Studio stamp sets that I chose as last month's Less is More winner is a selection of circular labels and thank you messages - perfect for the job. I decided to combine it with a circle-and-star stamp that was a free covermount on a magazine way back in the mists of time, using masking to create a random diagonal line across the card. However the stamp didn't seem to lend itself to masking - I suspect that being a free stamp, it wasn't very deeply cut - so here, for the fist time in ages, is one of my what-went-wrong pictures.
So, back to the drawing board. I liked the star and the primary colours though, so I decided to use the current sketch at CAS on Sunday as the basis of my next card.
I'm much happier with my card now - sad, though, that the circular label had to go, but I know it and its companions will have many more chances to appear on my cards. I finished off the stars by using a watercolour brush to drag a little of the colour out into the central stars - I would have done this on the first card too if it hadn't ended up on the reject pile.