This week's challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More is this photo inspiration
I knew straight away what I was going to do - probably a dangerous sign - emboss a piece of grey Core-dinations with a woodgrain effect, sand the surface for a little contrast, then stamp a large camellia on vellum, emboss it in white and cut it out then stick it on the background. So I did that. and it looked - insipid. Wishy washy. So I gave the background more colour by inking the sanded surface with Walnut Stain distress ink. Then I stuck the camellia on - and not only did the ink show through, it completely stained the flower and made it unusable.
The distress ink had made the woodgrain so dark that it really needed a much brighter flower to stand out against it, so I brought a little white back into the equation in the form of a greeting.
So here we are, many miles from the original idea - but this card was most definitely originally inspired by the photo!