Thursday, 30 October 2014

Yet more de-stashing!

I've been chipping away at the stash mountain again. This time I was looking around for orange bits and pieces for the current "Orange" challenge at Clear it Out Challenge blog and came across a handful of offcuts of co-ordinating papers left from a project a couple of years  ago. They were predominantly orange, with hints of lemon, white, pale blue and turquoise. I covered the base card with the contrasting paper, which was mostly turquoise with all the other colours used in the pattern.

I scrabbled around a bit more and found some tiny scraps of plain card to match some of the colours, and die cut a flower, leaves and a large circle from the plain card.

Then I cut two of the papers into 12cm x 1cm strips and wove them together into a square. To make this easier, it's a good idea to secure the first and last strips in each row and column with a dab of glue. When the square was complete, I stuck double sided adhesive sheet onto the back then die cut it into a circle.

I finished the card off with a ring of orange Candi around the outer circle.



I'm joining in with
Clear It Out Challenge - Orange
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - October
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 148

And do you know, while uploading these photos I've decided it needs just one more piece of Candi towards the top right, so I'd better go and add it right away!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by CIO challenge blog... your project is awesome...hope you come and play again <((><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Jane - the paper weaving is a splendid use of snippets too :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete