Over at Less is More, this week's challenge is a sketch
My first attempt used some bits and pieces from my stash and followed the sketch quite closely, but I'm not happy with the result.....
Maybe I should have made the card smaller? Or used white card instead of kraft? Whatever the problem, it's turned out to be a case of "Less isn't quite enough". I think I'm going to attempt to rescue this card by stamping randomly over the background, using a small flower design and Versamark ink, and outlining the striped paper and sentiment in dark brown. It won't be CAS any more, but I think it will look more complete. If my rescue attempt works, I'll share it later in the week.
So, back to the drawing board, or in this case the stamping table. I found a selection of stamps, all of which had never seen ink and all of which worked pretty well together. I think the shell was a magazine freebie, not sure where the others came from, their origins are lost in the mists of time! I sponged several shades of blue ink from a Kaleidacolour pad into a masked rectangle on the white card and overstamped with the fish and as an added bonus I managed not to get any splodgy inky blobs anywhere else on the card!
So, this one is the card I'm going to submit to this week's challenge.