I've been planning this card for days, ever since I saw that the current challenge at CAS-ology is Hot . I knew that *somewhere* I had some of my chilli images, left over from the ones I created for my husband's Christmas card but I had to turn my scraps box out twice before I found them.
Then I decided that they weren't shiny enough, so after cutting them out, I sprayed them with Spray'n'Shine. But being such small pieces, it was hard to spray them without blowing them away, and I ended up with some patchy bits and some bubbly bits - and they STILL weren't as shiny as I would have liked them to be! I mounted them on the card but wasn't happy with them.
So next, I covered the red parts of the chillis with Glossy Accents. My bottle of Glossy Accents is rather old and gloopy, and I got pretty uneven coverage, so before attempting a second coat, I had a furkle in the nozzle with a fine needle. Result - it whooshed out and formed a thick layer. Even, but thick.
By now, I only had a few hours left until the challenge was due to close, but I had to leave the Glossy Accents to dry, so I moved on to another project for a couple of hours. But it was showing no sign of drying at all, so I impatiently grabbed my heat gun and gave the chillies a blast with it.
Well..... the Glossy Accents dried almost immediately. It also turned cloudy, buckled, cracked and blistered....
Not a great look!
Fortunately I still had three chilli images left, so I started again - and this time I decided to just accept that they are not bright shiny fresh chillies but simple paper images of them! So here, right at the last minute, is my shine-less hot chilli card!