Sunday 17 January 2016

A gatefold card

Today's make really ought to have been a Christmas card, seeing as we're experiencing our first snow of the year here in Hampshire, but I've gone to completely the other extreme and made a very summery card.

I know it's conventional to have the panel on the left hand flap of a gatefold card, but I had a layout in mind and really wanted it to open the other way so that my butterfly wouldn't be flopping around in space when the card was open, so here you have it, an unconventional gatefold card

 
The butterfly image is a Linda Luckin one, which I stamped all over the base cars in Versamark ink and then brushed with a green metallic pigment powder. It doesn't really show very well on the main photo, so here is a close up.

 
For the panel, I stamped the fern (an old Graphicus stamp) several times using Crushed Olive DI, then inked the edges with the same ink and matted it onto olive green card. I lined the centre of the card with a panel like it but without the stamping. The butterfly image was stamped with Memento ink and coloured with Promarkers.

 
I am sharing this with
 
Butterfly challenge - Inking
Sweet Stampin' - Things with wings 
MFP Stamps - Gatefold Cards
Inkspirational - Colour Challenge Blast from the Past (I chose #55, green and pink)
 
   

9 comments:

Barb said...

I love it Jane. The colours are great and I like the same butterfly image used for the background and topper. That's a super little fern stamp. Barbxx

Stampsnob. said...

Very pretty Love the color TFS mfpstampshop.Lis DT

Chris said...

Beautiful stamping and a lovely design, thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Such a lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at MFP Stamp Challenge 2!
Hugs,
Pam
MFPSC DT

Mrs A. said...

Didn't realize there was a right and wrong way for a gate fold. I just do what takes my fancy. Lol. Love the inked background and that colour is super. Beautiful butterfly. Thankyou for fluttering by my inky challenge. hugs Mrs A.

kReN said...

I can't resist butterfly cards! TFS! kReN MFPSS DT

Nonni said...

Very beautiful gatefold, I love the images and these colors work together so well! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a lovely card!

Thank you for participating in the Sweet Stampin’ Challenge!

Pia Larsen said...

I love the subtle pattern of butterflies on the panel.
Thank you so much for joining us for our 100th challenge at INK.
Pia xx