Wednesday 22 June 2016

Silent Night

Today's Christmas card is a scene I have created using a mixture of stamping and die cutting. The card base is cut with a Spellbinders Labels die, overlapping the edge to make a hinge, with a separate full sized die cut on top of it to form the card front.

For the scene, I cut a smaller label in blue card and then used a Clarity Stamps trees stamp to stamp right the way across, embossing them with a very old embossing powder called "Wild natural - Jungle" by a firm called Enchanted Creations. I don't know whether it is still available but it is great for fir trees as it is a blend of different shades of dark green and a little brown.

While the embossing was still warm, I overstamped it all in white, using a speckled background stamp for snow, and embossed that with white embossing powder. Doing it while the green was warm meant that the trees picked up a little of the white powder in places, giving them a snow-dusted effect.

I used an X-cut scene die for the houses in front of the trees. I wish I had the patience to cut a second one in another colour to fill in all the doors and windows using the waste, but I'm afraid that just isn't for me at all!

Finally a little Studio G stamped sentiment, and a little matching ink around the edge of the die cut layer.


I am sharing this with

Sweet Stampin - Shaped Cards
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Christmas landscapes
Crimbo Crackers - Anything Goes  

3 comments:

Fabiola said...

adorable et si paisible Jane, cette scène est charmante, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Cara said...

Oh wow, this is amazing. Love it. Cara x

An Occasional Genius said...

Love the elegance & CAS-ness (probably not a real word!) of this Christmas card Jane, thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin' xx