Thee's a recipe challenge this week at Less is More, the recipe being to use Acetate or Vellum. I think it's going to be a very popular one - there are some wonderful cards in the gallery already.
Here's my take on the challenge:
I used a die from the X-cut Village Build-a-Scene set to cut across the front of a white card. Then I cut straight across the front 1cm from the top and replaced the front of the card with a square of acetate, placing the lower, die cut, area of the card back in position after adding a stamped sentiment. I used a peel off marker pen to colour the windows yellow from behind, and covered the whole of the inside of the card with dark blue paper.
I had planned to add the silver star to the inside of the card, but when I tried it, it looked better on the outside. There's a hint of sparkle to the acetate too - that isn't really meant to be there, I put the acetate down somewhere I'd been using glitter and the static on the surface picked it up, but it looked so pretty I didn't want to wipe it off! I fear it will drop off before Christmas though.
I am also sharing this with Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Use a sentiment