Tuesday 9 June 2020

I found a lost stamp!

This flower-on-text stamp was a magazine freebie, Craft Stamper I think, that i got several years ago and immediately lost. I've searched high and low for it many times, with no luck, and then at the weekend it turned up -  right in the middle of my box of flower stamps where it should have been all along and where I must have looked at least 20 times for it. I think there's a poltergeist living in among my craft supplies....


I stamped it three times on pink card using embossing ink then heat embossed it with navy blue powder. Then I fussy cut the flowers and die cut leaves from navy blue card.  For the background I die cut a circle of pink cloud-effect vellum and used an embossing folder to add the flowers. 

I am sharing this with

CAS Mix Up - Embossed vellum (vellum, stamping, heat embossing, dry embossing, die cutting, fussy cutting)


The Flower Challenge - Navy and one other colour (pink)


Crafty Calendar - Flowers 

Craft Rocket Challenge - Embossing dry/wet  (used both)

12 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card and well done for finally finding it. x

Kathyk said...

Can't tell you how many times I've gone looking for a stamp I KNOW I own and been unable to find when I've needed it ... only to almost trip over it at some other time! Cracking job with it too Jan

Happy Tuesday - stay well

Kathyk

Susan Joyce said...

Jane love your pretty embossed vellum background, it works wonderfully well with the flowers and leaves. Thanks for joining us this month at CAS M<ix Up!

Bonnie said...

I LOVE that embossed pink vellum that is so feminine and pretty, Jane! The navy and pink flowers make a wonderful contrast! Glad you found that stamp! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Beautiful and soft, dry embossed pink vellum for the background Jane. Very dainty! Love the contrast with the deep navy flowers. Awesome! And isn't it fantastic that you found your text flower stamp in time for the challenge??!! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Karen Dunleavey said...

Lovely card Jane. Well done for finding stamp and making the rest of us feel 'normal'.

Lisa Bird said...

A beautiful CAS card and I'm glad you finally found your stamp. It shows that there is hope for the rest of us and our lost craft items :)
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Liz said...

Beautiful card Jane, the embossed vellum makes a great background. Glad you found your stamp. I lost a favourite sentiment stamp a couple of months ago. One minute I'd stamped with it and the next it was gone.... and I hadn't moved from my seat. I searched through everything on my desk and on the floor but noidea where it went! Thanks for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challend this month. Good luck! (Wearing my DT member's hat today.) xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card love the embossed flowers and embossed vellum.Yer is was Craft Stamper I have this neglected stamp fogot how lovely it looks-and can relate to the lost stamp-I once stamped an image cut it out then when I put die away completely lost the image-turned up UNDER a pile of backgrounds on a shelf under the desk???
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Craft Rocket
Carol DT x

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous pink vellum with dry embossed tiny flowers for your background for your beautiful "found" stamped and fussy cut flowers, Jane. So pleased you were able to join us at CAS Mix Up with your beauty. Hugs..Nancy

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Aileen said...

Love it, the pink and Navy Blue totally work together. Isnt it nice when you find a lost stamp, makes me hold out hope of finding my long lost stamp. Fantastic card and so glad you entered the challenge. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam