Tuesday 6 April 2021

Guest Elf at Christmas Kickstart

 I'm delighted to be this month's Guest Elf at Christmas Kickstart - can you hear the bells jingling on my hat? 

This month's theme is You Sleigh Me, so it's all about sleighs and sledges. 



I've gone with an NBUS sleigh stamp from an old Raymond Briggs set, and one of my favourite festive colour combos, pale blue and kraft. 


I stamped it and coloured with alcohol markers then cut and embossed it using a label die and blended blue ink around the edges while the die cut was still in the die. I did the same with the words only blended the blue over the whole open area. 

The kraft background is embossed with a holly leaf folder and I finished it off with wooden snowflakes, bows and pearls.

I'm sharing this with 

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything goes  

Jingle Belles - To Die For 




8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks so much for being my elf, Jane! Love your card and that colour combo has me fairly swooning at it's loveliness. Hope we get lots of players! Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Great card, love the embossed holly background and great colours, I love blue and brown together. Great design, I'm excited to play along this month.

lauren bergold said...

what a pretty card and a gorgeous color palette! so pleased you could join our diecutting fun at JINGLE BELLES!

cass said...

Great card, love the colour combo.Wonderful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our Anything Goes, optional make it Funny challenge.

SmilynStef said...

what a sweet little sled ... so very glad you shared your *to die for* project with us at Jingle Belles.

I Card Everyone said...

Jane it's a fabulous reminder card, and I loved your premiere, too! Congrats on your GD position!
I always wonder why everybody else's kraft paper looks better than mine! Wonderful embossed as you've done!
=]

Freubelmina said...

What a great card with the nice sledge youv made Jane.
Thank you for your sweet response on my blog.
Hugs, Wilma xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love this, Jane - the kraft sleigh with blue presents looks amazing on the embossed kraft background! Thanks for the inspiration at Christmas Kickstart this month and congrats on being Jo's elf!!