Monday 12 April 2021

How does your garden grow?

But first - happy 9th birthday to Onions and Paper. Actually it would probably have slipped beneath my radar if today's Facebook memory post hadn't been my post from 9 years ago today announcing the opening of the blog. If I thought that by starting a craft blog I would knuckle down and use up some of my mountains of stash, I was about as wrong as I could be - the mountains have expanded! 


This card is made using some of the stamps from the current issue of Creative Stamping. I stamped the floral border twice to go across the front of the card, and added the sentiment, watering can and butterfly. I doodled in some sprinkles of water then coloured the can and butterfly, leaving the border uncoloured so the pots would stand out against them. 

I used the three potted plant images from the stamp set and coloured and cut them, then attached them with 3D adhesive, adding a slightly thicker layer to the central image to raise it a little abolve the other two. 

I am sharing this at Inkspirational where the word prompt is GROW. 






3 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Happy ninth birthday. My eleventh slipped past in January hidden under the avalanche on my desk no doubt but they do say time goes by when your having fun! Hugs Mrs A.

Lindsey said...

Nine years - congrats! This is a beautiful card - love the black and white row for the popped up pots. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Darnell said...

What a perfect card design for springtime, Jane! I wish I had one of those magic watering cans, though. Reminds me of Bewitched, lol! Congratulations on nine years of blogging! It was nine for me, too, in January of this year! I'm really surprised by how many of us all started around the same time and think how cool it would be if we could all met at some giant astrodome somewhere in the world ... sorry. I really need to cut down on those mushrooms! Oh, wait, one more thing: you nailed it about the mountains expanding. Little did we know that accumulating product would be as much (or more) fun as using product! (You can share this at NBUS if you want.) Hugs, Darnell