Regular visitors will know of the struggle I have to use Hunkydory products - they always feel as if there's too much already done, and looking at them gives me brain freeze making it hard to get properly creative with them. However I do have a lot of Hunkydory stash - not only did I buy a few kits in my early crafting days, but in recent times I have won three huge kits in competitions on their Facebook page and website - I used to enter every weekly competition until I realised the kits were simply not getting used.
So, I'm determined to actually USE some of the stuff, and this weekend I have made a couple of card from one of the kits.
The first was a very difficult topper to use, as it fills almost the entire front of an A5 card. but I added a little interest by raising the inner oval on 1mm foam pads and the centre image on 3mm ones, sticking the rest of the components directly onto the background card. I finished it off with "buttons" from the sheet of die cuts, miniature roses and some leaves I cut and embossed.
I'm sharing this card with Allsorts Challenge Blog where the current theme is Roses.
For my next card, I used a smaller image that enabled me to be more creative. The image itself was cut from one of the A4 background sheets rather than being a ready made topper. I made an easel card, adding ribbon and lace to the front folded panel and making the "stopper" for the base from the border of the sheet I'd cut the image from, also trimmed with lace.
I'm sharing this second card with
Creative Card Crew - Lace
Mod Squad - Lavender and Lace
Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge - Add a Border