I really fell in love with the photo inspiration at Just Add Ink this week
- so much so that rather than being inspired by it, I have more or less CASe'd it! I've tweaked it so that it also fits the Butterfly Challenge
Simply by turning those lovely trailing roses into vines, a roosting spot for a flurry of vermilion butterflies!
I started off by stamping the background with vine leaves, a Rubberstamp Tapestry peg stamp, in two shades of green. Then I put it through a stone wall embossing folder - and here's the blooper - I put it in the wrong way round, so the stamped side came out on the wrong side of the embossing! However I still really liked it, and thought if I'd done it the right way round the vine leaves could have come out looking more distorted than they do this way, so I decided to still use it. OK bulging cement isn't authentic - but then neither is a trailing rose made out of vine leaves and butterflies!
I added a die cut sentiment and lots and lots of punched butterflies.