Tuesday 18 May 2021

Dragonfly sympathy card

 I often use butterflies on sympathy cards because of the tradition that says seeing a butterfly means that a departed loved one is thinking of you, but this card is for a friend who has just lost her adult son, and I felt a dragonfly would be a little more masculine - as well as adding a personal touch as she knows my love of dragonflies. 


I used a grey inkpad to stamp the fern, using a platform to stamp the first image twice, the second once and the third with just the residual ink from the previous stamping. I stamped the sentiment over the lightest impression, then added the dragonfly, stamping several times in purple ink. The whole thing is matted with matching grey card. 

The stamps I used are all so old their origins are lost in the depths of time! The fern was from a sheet of botanical stamps that may have come from Graphicus, the dragonfly was from a grab bag of UMs which were mostly All Night Media stamps and the sentiment was a gift from a friend. 

I am sharing this with 

Allsorts Challenge - Anything Goes  

Make My Monday - Sympathy 

Creative Crafting Uncles - Butterflies and/or Dragonflies 



Perfectly CAS - repeat stamping 



14 comments:

Rika said...

this is pretty.

Barbara Godden said...

This is so soft and soothing and a beautiful card. great job with the second and third generation stamping.

Ellibelle said...

A really nice sympathy card, I find them so hard to make, this one is perfect!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!

Crafting Queen said...

Such a lovely elegant card. Anesha x

Kathleen said...

A super CAS creation with great images and placement. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Allsorts..

Kath x

brenda said...

A very elegant creation Jane and perfect for a difficult occasion, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Pamela said...

love the simplicity of the card that you've created for our challenge, thank you for playing along with us at MMM

Cazro said...

My eye was drawn to this card, I love the beauty and simplicity. Hope you are well. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. Caz. DT

Dawn Phillips said...

This is simply beautiful Jane. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Sue - said...

That is a beautiful sympathy card Jane! Thank you for joining us at Perfectly Cas.

BożenA said...

I love this technique, I love successive stamps as if they were lost in the fog. Beautiful design.
Thank you for joining our Perfectly CAS challenge.
BożenA DT PC

Linda said...

Beautiful card, love your colour choice. Thank you for playing along at Perfectly CAS!

Darlene said...

Beautiful design for a sympathy card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Perfectly CAS challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
PERFECTLY CAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

foleysfriend said...

What a lovely sympathy card. I like your use, not only of repeated stamping but also generational stamping. The effect comes across to me as serenity and peacefulness. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly CAS.

sue n.