Thursday 6 May 2021

Tall Taggy Christmas


 My latest all-from-the-snippets-box make is here - tags in the traditional festive colours of red (not orange as it looks here!) , green and gold, each one topped with a stamped and punched character from the SU "Cookie Cutter Christmas" set. The tags are cut and embossed with a very old Sizzix die set. 

You may have noticed a change (and deterioration, but that will improve with practise) in my photos recently. Following a recent computer problem, all my computer's USB slots are full so in order to upload photos from my camera, I have to unplug the keyboard. As I've been having problems with the white balance on my ageing camera, I thought it might be the opportunity I've been looking for to swap to using my phone for photos, since I recently got a new phone with a really good camera. My phone puts the photos straight into Google Photos so it saves having to upload them. But I'm not used to the camera yet and still have a lot to learn. 

Also I'm not using my white background at the moment. That's because I have a bit of back trouble just now, nothing serious but it's uncomfortable to bend and twist, and where I usually take photos to get the best light, I have to bend right down and twist to one side (with my elbow in the kitchen sink but you didn't need to know that) so I have temporarily moved to somewhere I can stand upright while I take my photos. And the white background doesn't fit - although I think maybe the wood background is helping with the light balance. 

Lots of experimenting to do before I'm happy with my photos enough to decide on where, when and how to deal with them in order to see my cards at their best, but I'm working on it. I suppose at the end of the day, I'm a crafter not a photographer! 

I'm sharing this with 

Pixie's Snippets Playground  - Challenge 402, Ruby's Memory  

Sparkles Christmas - Use a Tag  

Christmas Kickstart - Santa and Friends 






8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card! Why didn't I think of a sweet and simple design with BIG impact??? Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart again, my elfin friend, Jo x

Heather said...

Ah, this was such a great set - how adorable they all are on these pretty tags! Great Job! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello, Jane. What a FUN and delightful card, and a great use of your snippets. Darling little tags!!

I'd sure LOVE to have you come play along with us at Word Art Wednesday any time you can. Our challenges are always ANything Goes/Family Friendly and we have awesome prizes from our generous sponsors. Please come join the fun.

LOVE your sweet card, and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creativity.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Bonnie said...

What a great idea to use tags on a slimline card, Jane! So very festive and your photo looks fine! (I'd rather make the card than deal with the photo too.) It's so nice to see you in the Christmas Kickstart gallery.

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous use of tags. I hope your back heals soon. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge. Love Dawn x

Fiona said...

Cute tags - thanks for joining in with my Tag theme at Sparkles Challenge - Fiona, DT. Interesting about how you upload your photos - mine seem to be a long winded process and I'm sure there must be an easier way.

Di said...

So clever to use little tags on the tall slim card Jane - I love it! Oh I did smile about your contortions taking photos! Until recently I used to sit on the loo (lid down!) in the shower room, swivel sideways and photograph cards propped up on the top of the run of units in there! Lately I've been laying cards flat on some wood effect card, on our bed and shooting from directly over head - whilst praying that Dudley doesn't decided to check out what I'm up to and take a flying leap onto the bed! Hope that back is feeling a lot better.

Hugs

Di xx

Helen said...

Great design - I love this stamp set too!

Thanks for joining us at the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

Helen x