Thursday 19 August 2021

Blue Meadow

 


You've not seen a dragonfly from me for a while, I guess it's time I put that right! 

Here I've used a stamp set that was in a magazine a few years ago - I think it was designed by Indigo Blu.  I stamped the border first in pale blue, then moved the card slightly up in the Misti and stamped again in darker blue, to give a shadow effect. Then also used the darker blue for the dragonfly and sentiment. 

The little gap below the light blue grasses showed through the darker blue, so I finished off by blending  light blue over the edges so the white doesn't show through so much. 

I am sharing this with 

Less is More - Shades of Blue  

Sparkles Monthly - Monochromatic 

Watercooler Wednesday - All About Occasions  



Country View - Monochromatic 

Stamping Sensations - Any Celebration 



11 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely CAS card, Jane. xx

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the shades of blue. .Anesha x

brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brenda said...

It looks lovely in the tone on tone colours Jane, so effective, thanks so much for joining in with our Celebrations theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Kathyk said...

FAB make, love that you stamped it off to obtain your "shades of blue", great idea

Kathyk

Neets B said...

This is lovely, Jane. I'd forgotten about shadow stamping, it works so well with an image like this. Thanks for inspiring me to try this again soon. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Sue said...

This is really beautiful Jane, and so elegant! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

Evelyn Walter said...

Beautiful card, Jane! I love the double stamping, it adds so much depth.
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts this month! Evelyn xx

pinky said...

This is really beautiful and you have captured the look perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Tracy said...

Fabulous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Cazro said...

Hi Jane, Me again. Loving your blue card. I love those stamps. Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkles Monthly, we look forward to you visiting us again. Caz. DT