Sunday 31 October 2021

Embossed embossing #2

 Catching up after the family visit, here's a last minute second entry to Let's Squash It, with a different form of embossed embossing. 


This time I used watercolour paper which I had dampened, then swiped the embossing folder (an old magazine freebie) with distress inks before embossing. This left the paper clean(ish!) on the raised area and with a blended watercolour background. Once it was dry, I smooshed a clear ink pad over the raised area and embossed with clear powder. However being a nice juicy pad and a fairly open design, I have actually embossed the whole of the lower area of the card as the ink went onto the flat areas too. Oh well, it gives it a nice sheen and a contrast in texture to the unembossed space at the top, which I finished with a die cut butterfly. 





2 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beautiful in its imperfection, I say. xoxo

ionabunny said...

Love the colourful exuberance of this card. Lovely. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It!! Hugz