Friday 8 October 2021

Juke Box Jury

 Does anyone remember Juke Box Jury, that TV show of the late 1950s/early 1960s where new singles were played sand a panel of celebrities declared them a "hit" or a "miss"? I always think of the catchphrase as having been "I'll buy it and give it 5" but I think that was actually one of the other pop shows, maybe "Ready Steady Go!". Anyway, it was shows of that era and genre I had in mind when I made this card. 


The Juke box and sentiment are stamped using a pair of Hunkydory stamp sets and coloured with Promarkers. The papers are a selection from my stash, and I've added a die cut fanfare of notes and a length of music stave self adhesive border that I got from a remnants box at a craft show a few years ago. 

I am sharing this with 

Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge  - anything goes

Shopping Our Stash - Musical Notes 

Use Your Stuff - Retro  

Passion for Markers  - Use Red 




10 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A bright and cheerful musical themed card, thank you for sharing it with us at Passion for Markers this week.
Lorraine DT

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LOVE, LOVE THE COMBINATION OF ALL OF THOSE PATTERN PAPERS, THEY CAME TOGETHER BEAUTIFULLY ON YOUR CARD.
THAT JUKEBOX IS ADORABLE.
THANK YOU FOR SHARING WITH US AT "SHOPPING OUR STASH"
STAY HEALTHY AND SAFE.
XO
MARIA/DT

Christine said...

Happy memories card! It was Janice from Juke Box Jury and her black country accent!!
Wonderful, gentle days....your card brings it all back.
Thank you for sharing.

Cards By MI said...

A great funky card! Lovely! Thanks for playing along with us over at Passion for markers this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Chris Dring said...

What a fun, retro themed card! Love all the music images, especially that jukebox! Thanks for joining the fun at Shopping Our Stash!

Julie said...

Fab music themed card - lovely details! Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, good luck, Juliexx

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers challenge. Marlene

Liz said...

Congratulations on your win over in the Passion for Markers challenge with this fabulous card. xx

cass said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Don't know about the tv shows, but my brain is definitely already making plans to CASE this fab card! I have a jukebox stamp similar to yours and some sentiment stamps too. I'm Pinning so I can give you credit if I make it. Love it! xoxo