Saturday 23 February 2013

A vintage tulip

I've been playing around with one of my old favourite stamps this week, the Hero Arts Large Tulip etching which I've had for many years and used in scores of different ways. Surprisingly, it's my three year old granddaughter's favourite too, and has been since the moment her hands were big enough to hold it. She always bypasses the cute animal and fairy stamps I put out for her and goes straight to my stamp drawers where she knows she will find it.

Maybe it's not such a surprise after all - it's such a timeless classic. I've seen lots of ideas using it on Pinterest recently - here are my interpretations of a couple of them:



I also made a shrink plastic topper with it, but messed up the background I planned to use it with so that will have to wait for another day. I've combined the two ideas above to give a vintage feel to my third card.

 
This week's challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More is Vintage, so I am submitting this third card to the challenge.

2 comments:

Kylie said...

I LOVE what you did with tulip to make it vintage! It looks fabulous on top of the doily and the script through the flower is lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

Cazro said...

A very pretty card, my favourite is the one with the script behind it. Thanks for sharing with us at ATS&M. Caz