I have to confess to coming close to admitting defeat when I saw that the current challenge at Less is More is the recipe "Use some wire" - however I still have some wire and pliers left from dabbling with jewellery making in my teens (and that was a long time ago, I am 60 now - but the wire is still shiny!) so I got them out and fiddled around for a bit. I was idly watching TV and winding a bit round a pokey tool and suddenly thought "Oh look, I've made a little spring!"
That led me on to thinking about spring the season which we are allegedly heading into now, although this morning's sleet storm didn't feel very spring like, and the concept of "Spring Flowers". And that's how the idea for this card was born.
I did the lettering by hand because I didn't want it to be all neat and uprightbut I'm rubbist at lettering and this is about my 15th attempt and still, now it's finished, some of the letters in the bottom row don't look quite right to me.
I held the springs in place with Pinflair glue at the bottoms, and hid that by hand-cutting a strip of grass from green card and attaching it with narrow foam tape. the yellow flowers scattered among the grass are made by repeatedly punching a scrap of yellow card with the larger hole on my Cropadile, and the flower gems and tiny fabric butterfly are from my stash.