Saturday 26 November 2016

Dancing Dragonflies

A few years ago I bought a sort of roller that long stamps wrapped around, supposedly to stamp a continuous border. I never had any success with it - there was always a line where the ends of the stamp met and sort of tucked inside the roller, and the ink dispenser in the roller didn't work evenly. Of course it also meant planning and preparation, not to mention buying more ink dispensers, if you wanted to stamp in anything but basic  black. So I ditched the roller and kept the stamps. This is one of those stamps.


I stamped it with Versamark ink and embossed with clear powder, then masked off the card around the image and sponged individual colours from a Kaleidacolour Blue Breeze pad all over the stamped area and buffed the ink off the stamping with a tissue. The sentiment, stamped with the same pad, is from a Clearly Besotted set of dinosaur stamps - I like to use things for more than one purpose!

Sharing this with
Less is More - emboss resist technique 
Fab 'n' Funky - Things with wings 
Sweet Stampin - Got The Blues


18 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card, Jane. It really caught my eye. Good job you kept that stamp - it's lovely. Elizabeth xx

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card.

Liz said...

Love this card, Jane. It looks so fresh in blue and white and perfect for the LIM challenge this week. I've not tried this technique before, but hopefully this week will be less busy than last week and I might actually have time to make a card. xx

Cardsbymaaike said...

gorgeous

Susan said...

Just gorgeous! The color you choose is just perfect!

Tenia Nelson said...

So very cool!!

Craftychris said...

This is so beautiful! Love the colours and the gorgeous stamping - fab sentiment too! Cool it's from a dinosaur set! That's versatility for you! xxx

Esther said...

So pretty Jane! The stamping is gorgeous, really delicate and pretty, and I love the blue inking which is subtle but really draws the eye. The sentiment goes so perfectly, I can hardly believe it's from a dinosaurs set! Great find! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

!neke said...

This is just beautiful !!!!!

Carol L said...

The blue variations of color look absolutely smashing on this card! Gorgeous! Thanks for the kind words too :)

Neets B said...

Great choice of sentiment, perfect for your stamped images. And I love the different shades of blue with the white.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Margaret said...

A lovely card - great that you've found a use for your stamp.

Christi Conley said...

I came here to comment on your DT entry at Always Use Rubber but this caught my eye as blue is one of my very favorite colors! I love that you used one of the K-pads and I've never thought of sponging them on clear EP - stunning creation Jane! xo Christi

Alison said...

I've seen those roller stamps and wondered about buying them. I bet you're glad you kept this as it's fabulous - love the sentiment too...!! Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
Alison x

Aileen said...

Absolutely beautiful, love love those colours. Fantastic stamp too.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A neat, vibrant and elegant take on the challenge. Love the colour choices and perfect crisp stamping to your card. thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah x

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a striking card, I love the effect with the blue against the white of the butterflies stamps. This is just perfect for our 'Got the Blues’ challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Sammy said...

This is really pretty. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x