Monday 7 November 2016

Oh Christmas Tree

I'm busy making Christmas cards to be sold at the local Christmas Market on a stall raising funds for the Food Bank, where Mark and I volunteer, so I've been trying to make some quick and easy ones that they won't need to charge too much for. Here is one that took just a few minutes:


The colours have come out all wrong in the photo! The background card, gems and colouring on the letters are actually all the same shade of purple! The tree is a magazine freebie stamp from a few years ago, and the words from Lili of the Valley, both stamped and heat-embossed in gold.

I am sharing this with

Less is More - Purple and Gold
Mod Squad - Go for the gold!

7 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oh a perfect and gleaming Christmas card Jane and you've used the colour combo to perfection!
Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah

Esther said...

This looks great Jane, and for such a good cause too. Well done to you and Mark for volunteering. I love that pretty swirly tree with its gem baubles, and the two-tone sentiment is really eye catching. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More and I hope the card sales go well at the Christmas market :)

Barbara said...

I think that next to photographing shiny things, purple is the hardest to get right. Purple and gold are so regal and I am sure this one will sell, and the money will be put to very good use.
Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week.
Barbara, Mod Squad Challenge host

Barb said...

A lovely card Jane. I really like the gold and purple combination. Barbxx

Jen Nelson said...

great find in the tree stamp... perfect in the embossed gold
Thanks for joining us at Less Is More this week
Jen xxxx

Susan said...

Such a pretty card...love your purple bling! thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Neets B said...

A cute little card and I love the addition of the gems. I find purple so hard to photograph so I feel your frustration!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More