Saturday 5 January 2019

Embroidered peel offs

When I was getting out my craft stuff again after the Christmas break, I came across quite a bundle of peel off stickers designed to be embroidered. I'd bought them when I first started watching QVC, so probably around 20 years ago, maybe longer, and have hardly used them.

I seldom embroider now as my eyesight just isn't up to it, but I still have all my lovely threads from my fanatical cross stitcher days so I thought I'd have a play.


I chose the elements I wanted to use and stuck them onto white cartridge paper, then used a fine pricking tool to pierce through all the stitching dots. I rested my work on an old mouse mat to help to give clean holes when piercing. Then I cut out each shape and embroidered with two strands of stranded cotton. I've recently had new glasses, so my eyesight is much improved from last time I attempted any stitching, and I positioned my anglepoise lamp very carefully to make it as easy as possible to see the holes.

Before assembling the card using Pinflair glue for dimension, I added a doodled border and a stamped sentiment.

I am sharing this with The Alphabet Challenge - Use some stitching, real or faux
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Make it flowery

10 comments:

Swissie said...

Wow Jane! This is gorgeous! A great work and a beautiful result!
Hugs, Liv

Lindsey said...

Embroidery stickers... you really do have a fully equipped craft stash! These have been transformed into a very pretty card.

Liz said...

OMGosh Jane, I love your card. I think I may have some of this type of peeloff - never used! I'll have to dig them out. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful embroidery
Carol x

meg said...

Thanks for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge with this beautiful card Jane, I've never seen this type of peel off sticker before

Margarets designer cards said...

Great card, no they are not that old you can still buy these peel offs.
It’s something different with the embroidery, it’s nice to do something different for a change once in a while.

Diane said...

GORGEOUS card Jane and such a lovely design!! Thank you for joining our Alphabet challenge!!
Diane AC DT {Nellies Nest}

Wynn said...

Wow Jane not seen embroidery peel offs before. I wonder if they still make them. I love the vibrant colours you’ve used.

Sue said...

This is really gorgeous Jane such a lovely design and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue x

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Jane, this is incredible! I can't imagine doing this - even if I had perfect eyesight! Love every detail!! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.