Friday 1 March 2019

A Vintage Christmas Card at Sparkles Christmas

It's time for our new challenge at Sparkles Christmas and this time we would like you to make a vintage Christmas card.

Ever the rebel, I have made TWO cards.



Usually when I make a vintage style Christmas card I go over the top - lots of layers, doilies, ribbons, bows, lace and pearls. Which is all very well until it comes to posting the cards - even if you can fit that super-thick card into the envelope, it will be in danger of being squashed and of course it pushes the postage right up too. So I've gone for much simpler cards this time, letting the olde worlde images from a Kanban topper sheet, and the "Christmas greetings" backing paper, printed from Joanna Sheen's "Victorian Christmas Cards" do the work. But  as I had enough background paper for two cards, and several of the toppers, I couldn't resist making two cards while I was in the mood to give the Christmas card box a boost.

4 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful vintage cards, yes sometimes I get hand deliver only cards when I get carried away with layers and embellies.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful vintage cards Jane, I must admit to only making layered Christmas cards for people that I know I'm going to hand deliver too these days (well at least I try to).

Sue xx

Debbie said...

Great idea to make 2 cards hun. less cards to make later on too. 2 beautiful cards. love them both. so striking and great designs too. Hugs xxx

Liz said...

Super vintage style cards, Jane. They have so much detail they don't need any extra embellishments. xx