Sunday 3 March 2019

Faux Stained Glass part 1

I'm really fascinated by the new challenge at CAS Mix Up, which is Faux Stained Glass. There are links to several different techniques, all of which I'm itching to try!

For my first attempt, I've used vellum and alcohol markers, as described in one of the videos they link to.


I die cut the Gummiapan heart motif and stuck it to vellum, then coloured the reverse with Promarkers and used a white gel pen to add highlights to the front to give a slight illusion of dimension, then cut the whole thing out. I finished my card with a stamped sentiment.

The elements I've used are stamping, faux stained glass, die cutting, vellum and fussy cutting.

4 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Love how you've used the vellum layer and what contemporary and striking looking CAS card. The stained glass effect looks fabulous. Thank you for joining in The CAS Mix Up Challenge with your wonderful card x.

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is simply so cute, impactful, and CAS perfection, Jane! I love that you used the Faux Stained Glass technique with the colored vellum, The white gel pen highlights are so effective! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!
Hideko xx

Bonnie said...

These hearts are so bright and beautiful, Jane! Love the look of dimension! A beautiful faux stained glass card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Sweet! Your stained glass hearts are adorable Jane! Love the mix of colours and the little highlights with the white gel pen, which really give this movement. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!