Tuesday 5 November 2019

All wrapped up at Cardz 4 Guyz

It's time for our new challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz and this time our theme is "All Wrapped Up".

So that could mean wrapped up nice and cosy, or gift wrapped - it's up to you!


I've stamped a Gruffles image - and the bears are wrapped up in scarves as well as having all the gift wrapped presents on top of the car - double whammy! I coloured the image with Promarkers and a silver gel pen.

I really wanted the border of gift wrapped parcels to show without being obscured by the image, so to do this I first cut the paper to size  then cut right around the border to remove it. I stuck the upper part on the mat and then used temporary adhesive to stick down the border, too, just while I positioned all the elements,  then removed it, stuck everything in place and replaced the temporary adhesive with permanent (I have a tape roller of bright yellow  temporary adhesive that rubs away with a fingertip when you no longer need it) and attached it once everything else was in place.

I am sharing this with

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge  - Anything goes 

Pearly Sparkles - Christmas 

Passion for Promarkers - Christmas is Coming 

9 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely male card

Swissie said...

Just wonderful Jane!
x

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! Love how well the two different elements work together, Jo x

Lorraine said...

Sweet Gruffies image! Nicely done.

Mrs A. said...

I do have two gruffies stampsets in my stash. Shame on me that
I have never used them. Love the way you have coloured this image and displayed. Hugs Mrs A.

Helen said...

Fab card, Jane - a really fun image.

Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

Helen x

Julie said...

Fab card Jane - love the image and your layout! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week, good luck! Juliexx

Cards By MI said...

Thanks for joining my Christmas is coming challenge over at Passion for Promarkers. We now have a new fun challenge up for you to play along with.
Love n hugs
Marie

Larelyn said...

Such a delightful holiday card. Thanks for sharing at Pearly Sparkles.