Wednesday 13 November 2019

Not-so-lone-pine

The main stamp I've used for these two cards is a very, very old one that I bought in my early days of stamping so it's well over 20 years old. it was made by PSX and the sate on it is 1993 although I think I got it a couple of years after that. That's the joy of red rubber and wood isn't it?  The stamps may take up a lot of space, and are no use in a platform, but given a little TLC they will last forever.


My first card uses the main image stamped repeatedly down the sides of a fold-back card in dark green, with smaller cones and foliage stamped in between to fill in the border, then the cones lightly coloured with pencils. The topper is made with a combination of word stamps and little sprays of pine in the corners.

I am sharing this card with Little Red Wagon - Don't Be Shy 


For my second card, I stamped and embossed the image in white on a kraft card blank. I die cut a circle the size of the image from another piece of kraft then embossed it using a Swiss dots embossing folder, then continued the dotty theme out to the edge of the card with spotty washi tape. That isn't a bit of ultra clever colour matching, to get the kraft coloured dots on the tape - sneakily, the dots are transparent so the colour shows through from behind. I added a stamped sentiment  and the whole thing looked a bit drab so I had a rummage through my stash and found this pretty green glittery swirl that was sent to me in a RAK many years ago.  I think that little pop of glitz is just what the doctor ordered.

I'm crossing my fingers ever so tightly that kraft counts as a neutral over at Make My Monday so that I can join in the Red, Green and White challenge.

And now, the two cards together, because of course the inspiration behind them came from Twofers where this month the theme is Holiday Greenery  and the twist is that both cards can be for the same occasion.



I am sharing the pair of cards at

Twofer Card Challenge - Holiday greenery 


Watercooler Wednesday - All About Occasions 

14 comments:

Swissie said...

Wonderful cards, Jane!
Love that stamp!
Hugs, Liv

Mrs A. said...

What super pine cone colours on your first card. I have a few red rubber stamps on wood that
I have taken off the wood. They were beginning to turn up at the edges anyway. Still work perfectly. Hugs Mrs A.

Bunny said...

Love the beautiful pine needles and pine cone. They are both beautiful cards but oh if I could have one I'd take that lovely first card.

Like Mrs. A, I have also removed a lot of the wood from my stamps mainly for the purpose of putting them on the MISTI. I came into the card making world late. However, most of what was out there was wood stamps.

Leslie Miller said...

I love my old wood block stamps and PSX are definitely some favorites! You did beautiful work with this one! Two more cards for Christmas has to feel good. Very nice for our Twofer challenge this month. Thank you so much for playing along!

Dawn Phillips said...

They are lovely Jane. I forget my rubber stamps. I need to dig some out. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Craftychris said...

Both these are gorgeous! I still have lots of rubber stamps - must use them more! You are right, they last forever. xxx

Di said...

Two fabulous cards Jane! That fircones stamp certainly is a keeper - it's gorgeous.I love my wood mounted stamps, despite the space they take. In fact. it's time to change the handful of everyday ones I keep on a set of shelves within sight whilst I'm sitting at the desk for some Christmassy ones.

Hugs

Di xx

Nancy said...

I can't get over the depth you achieved on the first card! Love the fancy fold too! The second card is a fun layout too. Love the dotted washi tape was see through. Great job with the Twofer challenge this month where I am a guest! Happy crafting!

Cat Craig said...

Your greenery cards are delightful. The first has a fabulous fold with the dense greenery being showcased. Your kraft card showcases the white stamped image beautifully.

Darnell said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards, Jane! I love how you are such an inspiration for others regarding the two different designs element of Twofer! These are distinctly different and I love them both! I am also the happy owner of pine cone and evergreen wooden stamps that I continue to love year after year. Your perfectly colored pine branch borders and corner treatment on your first design really brought them to life and I also love the look of the pine branch heat-embossed in white on the dotty kraft on your second design!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #22! Hugs, Darnell

JanR said...

It's a lovely stamp and it makes a lovely card! Nice design too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Dawn T said...

two stunners Jane. Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Dawn ~ DT

Helen said...

Both cards are so pretty, Jane! Very clever use of that wonderful pine cone image! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

Cazro said...

Beautiful cards, perfect for our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday. Caz. DT