Monday 4 November 2019

Inky Butterfly

Usually when I make a one layer card, I make a very clean and simple one, but one layer doesn't have to always be CAS as my card today shows.


First of all I stamped and heat embossed the butterfly in the centre of the card. Then I masked it with a second image stamped on scrap paper and used a die cut oval as a second mask over the top of that.

Next I masked off all the edges with tape and then went to work on the remaining space. I inked it with  light and dark olive green ink and then used the lighter ink to stencil diamond patterins in opposite corners. Then I used both inks plus a lighter green to stamp various stamps from The Gentleman Crafter's stamp set randomly over the background. It's fascinating to see how much darker the inks are when stamped or stencilled compared to when they are blended over the background.

After removing all the masks, I coloured in the butterfly and then used one of the markers to colour a wooden word embellishment to match and added that to the card.

I'm sharing with

Butterfly Challenge - One layer  - all 7 elements (although I found matching the colours tricky!)
Country View Challenges - Hand Stamped 
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - anything goes with a creature

4 comments:

Jo said...

Gorgeous, that background is fab x

Mrs A. said...

Wow, wow and more wow. This really is a one layer card to perfection. I love how you have created this card. Your background is amazing. (The colours only have to be approximate.) Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Miriam said...

Wonderful card - thank you for joining in with the Country View Crafts challenge.

Teresa said...

Thankyou for joining in the hand stamped challenge at CVC. Good luck and hope to see you again. Teresa DT