Friday 31 January 2020

Rediscovering an old pad

I always start the year determined to use up a significant amount of old stash, and while rummaging through it I found a beautiful K&Co pad that I bought on a trip to America about 15 years ago.

It's almost used up, and naturally all the snippets from the pages I've cut into are tucked into the pad. Among them was this tiny scrap of beautifully foiled paper that wasn't really big enough for anything except die cutting - which would lose some of that lovely pattern - or using behind an aperture, which is what I've done here.


I die cut the aperture from a scrap green card then embossed it with a thistle-seed embossing folder, then placed the paper behind it, mounted everything on gold mirri and finished all the edges with peel-offs (also ancient stash).  Then I added the die cut flowers and finally the butterfly which I raised from the surface with Pinflair glue.

I am sharing this with

Pixie's Snippets Playground  everything except the mirri is made from snippets

The Butterfly Challenge - Riffle green (and Rajah) and Raised Up

6 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Looks like there were some beautifully coloured papers in this pad Jane, I love the card.

Sue xx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card and good luck with this. I am trying to do the same. :)

Liz said...

Lovely bright card, Jane. Great way of using the beautiful patterned paper. I'm trying to use up more of my old stash too, fingers crossed we both have less stash at the end of 2020! xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful paper and dies-love the embossing too
Carol x

Mrs A. said...

Gosh , so vibrant looking and it all works so perfectly together. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

What a fab card Jane - the colours are so vibrant and it's a lovely design. And hooray for peel offs!

Hugs

Di xx