Monday 27 January 2020

The one that went wrong

If you've read my previous post you will know that I tried the Embossed Impressions technique for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. However I have to confess that the snowflake I used wasn't my first attempt. The first one used an Enchanted Gold embossing powder that I've never really got on with and turned out to be a complete mess.

However as i went to throw it in the bin I spotted the back and noticed what a lovely clear impression the die had made. That just HAD to  be useful, didn't it? The surrounding card was messy with the flakes from the embossing powder, so I fussy cut around the image.


I filled the grooves inside the lines with Stickles glue.  For the background, I sponged Versamark through a stencil onto the card and heat embossed with hologram powder. The sentiment is die cut then covered with Versamark then heat embossed with white pearls powder.

The amount of sparkle, shimmer and shine on the finished card really has to be seen in real life to be properly appreciated!

I am sharing this with

The Male Room - it's snowing


Christmas Crafts all Year Round  - anything Christmas or Holiday goes

Fezziwigs Festive Frolics - White Christmas

8 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

Wow, great save! Love Dawn x

Crafting Queen said...

What a great save! Love the card.

Chrissy said...

So beautiful..
Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

Wow--this is just beautiful!

Barbara Godden said...

Great save, looks fab. the background is perfect.

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is brilliant, I love the die embossed, it really does pop from the card, Thanks for joining in with me on Fezziwigs FEstive Frolics, Love Hazelxx

Wickcliss said...

Definitely the snowflake die is the star of the show. Glad you remembered to use it. Blended well with everything in your card. Thanks for participating in our current challenge at The Male Room. xx Clarissa DT

Pat said...

I love the glittery falling snow and the snowflake was definitely worth saving, so glittery and pretty too Jane. x