Monday 10 August 2020

Floral window

Rummaging through the snippets box I found this piece of pretty butterfly paper.


It was just about enough to cover the front of a card, so I got a slightly smaller scrap of white card  (actually the back of another card that went wrong!) and die cut this beautiful floral window. I can't remember the name or brand of the die, I think I won it in a challenge a couple of years ago. I positioned the die cut on the paper without sticking it down and stamped the sentiment through it, then removed the die cut and fussy cut two of the butterflies from the paper in places where the gaps wouldn't show. Then I attached the die cut in place and trimmed the paper behind it very closely to give the appearance of an inked edge. I stuck it to the card front then finished it with the butterflies and some lilac gems. They really are gems, even though they look like pearls in the photo!

I am sharing this with

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge 384 

Just us Girls - die cut a window 


Watercooler Wednesday - Anything feminine goes 


5 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Hi Jane,
This looks lovely. Might well be a Tonic die as it is so intricate. Fussy cutting the extra butterflies was a good save of paper otherwise not seen. Sat here at moment with leg up as got bitten by something nasty on sat morning whilst having breakfast on the patio. Have reacted to bite as
I normally do, so now waiting for a ring back Drs phone appt to get a stronger antibiotic as pills I have been taken not banged it on the head.
One bite is 2.5" X 3.5" in size and growing. Hugs Mrs A.

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful die-cut gorgeous card.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card and great use of oddments I save the backs of cards gone wrong too-love the beautiful die and little butterflies
Carol x

Bobby said...

What a beautiful die, Jane. I love that you cut butterflies from the paper to add to the front of your card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

Di said...

Wow Jane - this is absolutely gorgeous! Right up my 'Rue' so to speak. I love the die you used - so perfect with that pretty pink and the butterflies.

Hugs

Di xx