Tuesday 11 August 2020

Gone Fishin'

As soon as I opened my new copy of Creative Stamping  I absolutely HAD to get going on one of the inspiration designs using the covermounted set of stamps. Such a lovely silhouette set, perfect with an inky sunset. I'm a subscriber so I already have my copy but I think if you want to get hold of these lovely stamps you'll have to wait until Thursday for the magazine to reach the shops.


I  followed the instructions in the magazine - I've never been happy with my sunset scenes before but now I've done it from step by step instructions I think I will try a moonlit one in blues. When I  follow instructions to make a card I often feel a bit guilty, that I'm not making original art - then I think back to all my years of knitting from a pattern ot cross stitching from a chart and realise just what a daft old bat I'm being!

I am sharing this with

Cardz 4 Guyz - Gone Fishing 

Sweet Stampin' - Inspired by a book, film or song (the song Gone Fishin')

The Male Room - Birthday 


Stamping Sensations - Make It Masculine 

NBUS - Challenge 17 NBUS (brand new NBUS instead of my usual old-new schtuff)


Craft Rocket Challenge - Birthday 



13 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, the background is stunning and the stamps are perfect.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and love the silhouette stamps
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Craft Rocket
Carol DT x

Brenda in IN said...

This is a stunning scene. So peaceful and calm. You did a beautiful job with the background.

Darnell said...

We're all daft old bats about this sort of thing, Jane, but your card is a perfect example of why we should knock it off. You (YOU) have create a brilliant sunshine with the perfect blended hues. It's just brilliant behind those wonderful masculine stamps!! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

This is stunning. I love the colours. I need to make a birthday card shortly for SIL so may well take a leaf out of your book. Hugs Mrs A.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love that image, and your background is fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guys.
Melanie

brenda said...

Great inking and such a serene scene Jane, many thanks for joining in with our 'Masculine' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Dawn Phillips said...

Awesome job. It's beautiful. Love Dawn x

Joan said...

Lovely scene Jane and a great masculine card

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Gorgeous card, love the serenity of it.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! This is awesome, such a restful scene and a beautiful background. Thanks for the analogy with the knitting pattern, I will try and remember that, as I always feel guilty too. No matter what, it's still your interpretation isn't it. Yours is gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us in our Birthday challenge at The Male Room this week.I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

Lady Joyful said...

Really beautiful scene and a great background. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Cathy said...

Such a striking card, your ink blending looks amazing! Gorgeous use of the silhouette stamps too, Cathy x