Tuesday 5 January 2021

Juke Box

 Are you old enough to remember "Juke Box Jury"? That's what I thought of when I saw this stamp set, part of a Christmas gift from a friend. 





There is a similar stamp set used to create a pop out card in the lovely book "Simply Beautiful Rubber Stamping" by Kathie Seaverns, and I decided to try to re-create it using this Hot Off The Press set.

First I made an A6 card from dark blue card, then cut a white strip for the front and a white piece just smaller than the  opened out inside for the liner and pop up mechanism. I used the checkerboard square stamp in red, yellow and blue to make a random pattern over both pieces of white,  then added musical notation in black over the larger piece. I attached the white card to the outside. I creased the larger piece, then cut two slits on the foldline where I wanted the juke box to sit, each about half the width of the juke box image. I creased the card again between the ends of the slits and reversed the centre fold so it pops out into the card, then attached it inside my outer card. 

I stamped the juke box and three records, coloured them with Promaerkers and cut them out, then attached them to the card as shown. 

Since there is no space to write a greeting inside the card, I added a white panel to the back. 

I am sharing this with

Sweet Stampin - New  

Country View Challenges - Squares 

NBUS - NBUS 












5 comments:

Darnell said...

This is just total fun, Jane, and brings back a lot of happy memories! We really lived in the best time and putting coins in the juke box and selecting songs was just one of a million pleasures we experienced! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! I'm sorry the badge isn't loading for you. I just did a cut and paste and it worked fine, but I remember someone else was having problems with that feature a coupla weeks ago. It seems to be hit-or-miss, like taking your car into the mechanic for a "noise!" Have a Happy New Year and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, such fun. Hugs Anesha

Corrie Herriman said...

Fun card ! Thank you for your contribution to our January 'square(s)' challenge at Country View Challenges. Corrie xx

Monika Gulyas said...

Fantastic card!!! I love the background stamping!!! Thank you for joining the January challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Craftyfield said...

Lovely take on our challenge theme, what a great card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Country View Challenges!