Saturday 29 April 2017

Back to the Fuchsia

Hello again all my long lost friends. You've probably not been missing me - I left you lots of posts to keep you occupied while I was away - but I've been missing you! I've been away to spend a few days with my Mum. It's hard work and very frustrating these days - she's almost 91 and very infirm, yet still insists on living alone in her home which really isn't suitable for a frail, disabled old lady. She wasn't up to being taken out anywhere this time, but at least we managed to get her to eat some decent meals instead of her usual diet of Fanta, Hobnobs, Cadbury's Mini Eggs and cigarettes.

Anyway, I now am home for a couple of days and delighted to be reunited with all my crafting kit, and my first task was to make Mum's birthday card, as her birthday is two weeks away. I bought this fuchsia stamp, part of a set from Clearly Besotted, a couple of years ago, specifically to make a card for Mum as fuchsias are her favourite flowers, yet it's never actually seen ink until today as I've kept having other ideas for her cards.


I stamped it with Stazon ink to make sure the ink didn't bleed, and then did all the colouring using Wink of Stella pens. It's a good thing I only needed clear, pink, green and yellow as they are the only ones I have. As usual, the sheen doesn't show in the photo but the image has a gorgeous pearlescent sheen.

I am sharing this with
Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS 
Always Fun Challenges - CAS

8 comments:

scrappymo! said...

This is such a pretty card. I like the fuchias...perfect for a hanging basket on my front porch! lol!

Di said...

Oh Jane, I missed you for sure! Love this card for your Mum and I can just imagine how it shimmers with the WOS colouring. Very elegant indeed.

Hugs

Di xx

cotnob said...

Such an elegant card Jane, so pretty - I have this stamp set - I must ink it up again.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Cara said...

Simply elegant, I zoomed in to see the wonderful shimmer. Glad you were able to spend time with your Mum, even if she did drive you up the wall at times (mine does too and she's not had as much practice as yours, being only 79!). Cara x

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and love the beautiful fushia image
Carol x

Liz said...

A very classy CAS card, Jane. Your Mum is sure to love it - fuchsias are one of my favourite flowers too. Zooming in I could see the beautiful sheen. xx

NanaConnie said...

Love your coloring on these gorgeous fuchsias, Jane! Beautifully done.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such an elegant and delicate CAS creation! Love those flowers. Thank you for sharing with ATSM!