Sunday 2 April 2017

#Instababe #NBUSDarnell

It's NBUS time over at Darnell's blog!

Coming April 1-11, 2017

NBUS is Never Before Used Schtuff, and boy do I have a lot of that! Including a complete set of the Dovecraft Kiss and Make Up range that I won on Facebook a few weeks ago. It arrived a few days too late for Valentines Day and I hadn't really been able to think of anything non-Valentiney to do with it. There are papers, dies, stamps, gems, stickers, bunting, stick pins, pearls and photo mounts, and apart from the stickers and half of the papers, which were requisitioned by the grandkids one wet afternoon, everything was still sealed in its packaging.

So I decided to break some of it out, and I thunk and thunk but not being a very girly crafter, I couldn't come up with any ideas. Then my friend Claire set me a challenge - she asked me to come up with a card that illustrates the phrase "What a picture, what a photograph!"

Well, the photo frames sprang to mind, and I thought about the Instagram craze for pouting selfies.  And when I got the dies out, lo and behold, there was a hashtag die - the crafting fairy was one step ahead of me.


So here it is, my Instagram style selfie complete with hashtag. And Darnell, I've created a new hashtag just for you because I'm going to pop this on Instagram (if you want to find me, I'm @lapsapchung) with the hashtag #NBUSDarnell .

So, friends, I'm heading over to Darnell's to share this, and if you have something made with  NBUS and/or a card with a booboo to share, you have until April 11th to join in.

Ooops, I almost forgot about my own booboo - as it was published on my blog back in January  I'm not entering it into the challenge but I thought I'd share it anyway. I didn't realise until far too late that one of the papers was sideways on. I'd thought it was an omnidirectional one.....  so here are the sideways prams and dead teddies.....


6 comments:

Marlena M. said...

hahaha! "Sideways prams and dead teddies" made me smile. :) Your collage creations are so cool! Love the movement~

Liz said...

Love the first card, very 'modern'. Had to smile at your second card. Isn't it funny how you can complete a card and only then realise something is the wrong way round....and sometimes then only when someone else points it out! xx

Darnell said...

I had a hard time tearing myself away from your #love pouting selfie card, Jane! Way to go to Claire, too, for sparking this design! Each little detail is so cool! Thank you for hastagging my NBUS and for playing along in my Challenge #11! And thank you, too, for the chuckle with your spinning dead teddies and empty prams cuz the babies all fell out! SO something I would do. Oh, wait, I did done it!! Love ya, Darnell

Jane Willis said...

I've changed the hashtag to #NBUSDarnell to avoid conflict with other uses, so if you'd like to join in on Instagram that's the one to use
Jane

Verna Angerhofer said...

Love your cards and even the sideways one prams and babies one. LOL

KandA said...

Love your first card, such a fun design and use of your NBUS goodies. Had a good giggle at the second with your sideways prams and dead teddies - must admit to making many similar mistakes myself xx