Sunday 29 October 2017

Just for You

I have several bold sentiments stamps from Trimcraft - while they have a lot of visual impact, they are also so big that they are quite tricky to incorporate into a design so really need to be used as a stand alone feature.


For this one, I made a simple brusho background and then stamped the sentiment - it needed several stampings as the watercolour paper seemed to slurp up the ink!  I dithered for ages about whether to add a black mat, but when I tried it, it made the whole thing look too heavy so I kept it simple.

I am sharing this with Addicted to Stamps and More where this week's challenge is this inspiration photo 

3 comments:

Cara said...

This looks fab and has a great pop art look to it x

cm said...

Fabulous bold sentiment and made all the more striking with the bright brusho background! Delighted to see you in the ATSM gallery - and hope to see you in the next challenge, as well!
~carol

Bobby said...

Your Brusho background is perfect for the bold stand alone sentiment, Jane. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.