Sunday 1 October 2017

To boldly go....

.. well, my little flying saucer isn't exactly the Starship Enterprise, but never mind, I had fun making the card.


For the background, I used brushos in ultramarine and turquoise. Once the background was dry, I stamped all over with a very old dotty background stamp from Anitas (it is dated 1999 so practically an antique!) using silver ink and heat embossed with silver powder.

The die cut planets and flying saucer are cut with silver and red mirri, using a set of dies which I think came from Dies R Us. The finishing touch of the star sentiment uses a Debbi Moore stamp which I've had for about 3 years, it came in a goody bag at a show and I think is a discontinued one.

I am sharing this with

C.R.A.F.T. - Out of this world
The Crafters Café - use die cuts or punches
Retro Rubber - Hit the road Jack
The Male Room - anything goes/technology  

10 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Love your space ships and the back ground is brilliant.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh, love this out of this world card!!! your background is so beautiful, perfect for your awesome planets and sweet space ship!!
Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Jan Clothier said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I spent a bit of time when I was doing my DT card wishing I could have done a card featuring a molecular transporter or the Enterprise, so I'm on your wavelength here! The brusho background is really interesting and I think this is a product I might need to investigate. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for our transportation challenge.

Trimgym said...

Lovely creation, thank you for joining our challenge at CRAFT Challenge this week. Please also have a look at our DT call and consider applying for the position of DT member, we are a friendly bunch.
Jo

Dorothy S said...

Your shimmery background is perfect for the dies - it looks quite spacey to me!! Thanks for joining the current challenge at The Crafters' Cafe - use dies/punches. Dorothy S, DT member

Aunty Sue said...

Fabulous card and perfect for our challenge at Craft good luck

Cara said...

What a fabulous starry sky you created, love it x

Neva Cole said...

What a fun background for the sky! Unique take on our theme at Retro Rubber, thanks for joining us!

cass said...

Great card. Thank you for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Use Dies and/or Punches" challenge.

Rocky said...

This is fab, so glad you could 'beam up' to join us at TMR, love the background too.