Thursday 22 March 2018

Beside the seaside

I've gone for a very retro look to this card, using stamps from Rubber Dance's "Take the Plunge" set for the background and another Rubber Dance stamp that was tucked into my package as an extra for the topper.


To make the background I stamped the shells on white card in Versamark ink and embossed them with clear powder, then sponged blue ink all over and buffed the stamped areas. Then I stamped the anchors over the top in black memento ink.

I used the same ink to stamp the topper then lightly coloured it with pencils to give that "hand tinted photo" effect that was so popular in the early 20th century.

I am sharing this with

Cardz 4 Galz - Beach or nautical
Rubber Dance - Forever challenge
Mix It Up - make your own background
Little Red Wagon - Girls or Women    

10 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

Liz said...

Great card, Jane, lovely background for the super image. xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jane, a super vintage image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sian said...

A great card. I love your vintage scene. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Sian.

Tracy Welham said...

Great vintage style card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

JanR said...

Fab card! Fantastic stamping too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

I love your background paper that you created! So awesome! Your bathing beauties image is really fun too. Great coloring. Thanks so much for sharing your beach / nautical theme with us at Cardz 4 Galz! - Chris, DT

Sue - said...

Great retro Cardz Jane! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Galz

create.365 said...

What a great card -has me dreaming of summer!!! Thanks for joining us at the MIUCB this month.

Bibi Lindahl said...

Beautiful card, Jane! Love that you made your own "patterned paper" looking cardstock with stamps! The main image is from Retro Beach and I think your colouring is perfect for that hand tinted photo look. Thank you so much for using my stamps and joining our Forever Challenge at Rubber Dance! ♥