Thursday 22 March 2018

Going dotty


I made this card with the challenge at Rubber Dance in mind, but now it's made I'm just wondering whether the sentiment alone is really enough stamping for their challenge? Oh well, I'll pop it into their linky and see what they say - I really don't want to destroy the CAS look of it with any more stamping.

The spotty panel is made by sponging purple, black and grey inks through a Uniko background stencil. I only had pigment inks in the colours pf purple and black I wanted, so I chose a black pigment ink too then sprinkled all the sponged spots with clear embossing powder and embossed it - it's given them lovely texture and shine in real life.

I used a very old border punch to edge the purple card then stamped the sentiment using a stamp from a recent magazine freebie set.

I am sharing this with

Addicted to Stamps and More - Clean and Simple
Use Your Stuff - On the Border
Rubber dance (possibly!) - Circles and/or black, grey and purple

And I just want to also share a picture of my latest bake - I'm still loving making sourdough bread after the class I attended a few weeks ago. Today I made a sourdough "hot cross bun" style loaf, with spices and fruits added to the dough.


6 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely CAS card, Jane. At first I thought you'd used a spotty patterned paper, your stencilling looks great. Your sodabread loaf looks delicious, I can smell it from here!! xx

Tammy L said...

I love CAS cards. I love the colors in yours! Great Job! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT Co-ordinator

Lemon Creation said...

Love the card- super elegant and gorgous- I am a fan of dots:) To top it off you made me soooo hungry! Your bun looks delicious! Thank you for playing with us at Rubber Dance! Hugs, Asia

Susan Renshaw said...

That bread looks delicious!
Loved your CAS card too...
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Bibi Lindahl said...

I love your CAS card! The stamped sentiment is enough for our challenge, no worries about that! Your bake looks yummmmmy..... Thank you for joining our March challenge at Rubber Dance! ♥
Happy Easter!

Rubber Dance said...

Super pretty card! Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. xx Susanne