Sunday 4 March 2018

The Dieter's Nightmare

.. a whole month of dieting and nothing to show for it! I think this would make a great encouragement card for a friend who was dieting and really struggling with it.


The image, sentiment and tape measure stamps are all from a Studio G mini set. I really wanted to use tiny buttons as embellishments - after all, buttons feel the strain when a diet isn't going well, but I had none in the right size and colour so I used a fine tipped permanent marker to add some faux buttonholes to pieces of Candi.

I am sharing this with

Just Add Ink - colour challenge


CAS-ology - Fit


Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes

10 comments:

Cara said...

This is so fun and just typical about the buttons, but the faux ones are fab x

Dotty Jo said...

Love it! This is so much me at the moment. I think I'm the only person who can gain 2 lbs on a diet, Jo x

Liz said...

Brilliant, Jane, such a fun card. What a great idea for the faux buttons! xx

Anonymous said...

I love this! I had no idea those buttons were imposters!! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

Unknown said...

Fab card Jane, love the image and sentiment ! Great faux buttons too :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card and sentiment Jane, I can so relete to this.

Sue xx

Rachel Bergfeld said...

This is an adorable card and I totally relate to the sentiment! What a clever idea to add faux buttonholes (I had no idea they were fake buttons!). Thanks for playing along with CASology!

M DelValle said...

What a funny card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.

KimB said...

What a fun quirky card Jane. I love the little waving tape measures and your faux buttons look great! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Anonymous said...

Haha I think this is very funny - especially with a sentiment like that, next to a stick person....it's cute and really made me smile. Chantell Just Add Ink