Sunday 9 December 2018

Christmas Old or New at CD Sundays

It's Jocelyn's turn to choose the challenge at CD Sundays and she has picked Christmas Old or New.

It's given me a chance to use the lovely Joanna Sheen CD, Vintage Christmas Cards, with this old-fashioned decoupage scene. Oh doesn't that say a lot about social history, with cook, in her servant's clothes, supervising while the children of the wealthy household stir the Christmas pudding for luck?




The backing paper is a magazine freebie and to continue the "old" theme, I've used some very old gold-embossed mulberry paper that I've had since the days when mulberry paper was fashionable!

 I am sharing this with
 Allsorts Challenge - Season's Greetings
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes/ use some gems or pearls

7 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful old fashioned image Jane

Liz said...

A lovely vintage style card, Jane. xx

Carol said...

I love the mulberry paper. I am sure I have lots of it stored away. A beautiful 'old' card.
Carol
xx

Margarets designer cards said...

A vintage style Christmas with the family around the table,
Lovely vintage Christmas card

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Jane, this card is just wonderful! I love the dimension and the vintage look is perfectly done! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you will join us again soon. Happy Holidays!

Jocelyn said...

Such a lovely vintage feel to this. A great traditional image of a bygone Christmas.
Jocelyn x

Lisa Bird said...

Super card Jane. I love the mulberry paper.
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk