Sunday 2 December 2018

Sparkly Bauble

OK, how much washi tape have you got? I have about two dozen tolls of the stuff and yet I seldom use it. In fact most of it gets used as masking tape or for holding dies in place.

And indeed I used some for holding the dies in place to cut the topper for this card. But that was boring washi tape - I'm never going to use this sparkly stuff anywhere the sparkle isn't going to be fully appreciated.



I have sparkly washi tape in plain purple and purple/silver spots, and in the same combo but with green instead of purple, and in pink hearts. I was tempted to throw all the colours at this card, because of Christmas not being a time when I'm famous for exercising good taste, but in the interest of keeping it CAS I decided to exercise some restraint.

Just in case you can't see how sparkly it is, here's a close up.

 
I taped a circle die inside a stitched rectangle to cut the topper, then drew through it to mark where the circle would come on the base card. I covered the base area with rows of washi tape, making sure the circle was completely filled.
Then I stamped the sentiment in white on a scrap of purple card and heat-embossed it. I used a purple glitter pen to draw in the cord and bow, trimmed the sentiment and glued it down the side of the topper, then attached the topper over the washi bauble using 1mm foam pads.

I am sharing this with
Shopping our stash - Washi Washi Washi
CAS on Friday - make a Christmas Card

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Sparkly gorgeousness! Jo x

Mrs A. said...

Brilliant idea Jane and brilliant resulting card. Wish I had thought of it first!!! Hugs Mrs A.

Donna said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH I love the sparkly washi!!!
(I also use it to seal envelopes on cards I am sending in the mail)
Thanks for shopping your {{washi}} stash to play along with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

Elisabeth@paperanthology said...

Lovely clean and simple design!

Zw@@n said...

Wow, love this card! Beautiful colour and gorgeous lay out. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma